I had a great mother's day. I was kinda depressed last night that Shawn wasn't going to be here, but than I realized this morning that I have the most important gift that I could get...my boys. I took myself and the boys to lunch and went shopping and bought myself a really nice pair of sunglasses. I also bought myself a houseplant and a slice of cheesecake.
The person I was missing the most today was my mother (hi mom!). When my sister and I were little, my mom always took us to buy a toy on Mother's day. I remember one paticular mother's day that I got my first "Cabbage Patch Doll". It was such a mommy thing to do. So I took Caleb to pick out a toy today. He was so excited. He picked out a Thomas the Train movie (no surprise). I know that he won't remember this mother's day, but I will. And buying him that movie made me feel closer to my mom.
After our shopping adventure, we spent the rest of the afternoon playing on the floor, taking pictures, and video. It's the most wonderful experience being a mom. At times, it's the most difficult experience, but at the end of the day, being a mom is the best thing that I've ever done with my life.
To all the moms reading this, I hope that you have a Great Mother's Day. Have fun and enjoy the small things that make being a mom fun!! You are the most special person in your child's life and in my book that makes you special to me too.
Sunday, May 11, 2008
Mother's Day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Rachael, I almost called you last night-I should have. And you have such a good attitude. Terry's been gone 5 days and I am so ready for him to come home. Especially when my kids woke up at six in the morning today! Later this morning, I"m hosting a MOther's Day brunch for my mom and grandma so I figure that next weekend I should get a real mother's day. When Shawn returns you should get one too! Happy Mother's day!
Happy Mother's Day again!!! I love the pics from today. When the guys get home we will go out for a lunch date, just the moms.
Love the pictures Rachael!! I also love your story and thoughts on motherhood. One of the speakers said it is the most important title there is-even more than president, or anything else like that!! We sometimes forget that...we are pretty dang important-well I am to at least 3 little very cute, very special children!! And you are to two cute little boys. Isn't it nice to know we will always be their favorite person?
Happy Mothers Day!!
I re-read my comment and meant to say one of the speakers in church.
It made me sad that you were missing your mom today. You military wives sacrafice so much, especially Navy wives. Thank you!!! It also made my count my blessings. My mom lives 5 minutes away from me and she is the most awesome mom ever!!! She's also the best wife, friend, daughter, maw maw and mother-in-law too. We are blessed as women to be mothers to our precious children that God has given us. Happy (belated) Mother's Day to you as well!
Happy Mother's Day Rachael. Glad you took care of yourself.
Post a Comment