Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Year's Eve

I'm hoping that the present moment does not reflect what the new year will bring...we are a household of sick people...with the exception of Caleb (right now). I have been in and out of bed most of the day with body aches and congestion and coughing and sore throat. Poor Riley has snot dried to his nose and Shawn is in the early stages of complaining and taking Sudafed and insisting that taking double doses of Vitamin C will make him better. So in short, we are not out partying till 2009. We were suppose to have friends over for dinner tonight (sorry Benefields and Bahers) but I woke up with a terrible sore throat and it only got worse as the day progressed. I however, didn't want to give up my plans so I took everything out that was needed for dinner only to have to put it back after I couldn't raise my head to change Riley's diaper. It's so hard to be sick when you're a mom. Caleb must have watched 6 movies today and Riley sat in a pee diaper for longer than he ever should have. Thankfully, Shawn got home around 3:00 and I went to bed for about 2 hrs. Our big New Year's Eve dinner became frozen appetizers from the commissary.....Poppers, mozzeralla sticks, spinach/articoke dip and chips. Ugh...

It's about 11pm on New Year's eve here and I know that we are the first to celebrate the New Year of all the people we know around the world...so happy New Year!!!!! They celebrate the New Year here on base with 15 minutes of ships blowing their horns and flashing their lights. It gets pretty loud, but I think I'm heading to bed before the big show. It's just not the same to watch local Japanese t.v. bring in the new year as it is to watch the ball drop in New York (on t.v.) so I'll wait to celebrate when most of you celebrate...eastern time, I'll be watching the ball drop with you! Besides, I just took a Sudafed PE and it makes me crazy tired.

6 comments:

conanima said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jill said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR! I hope you all feel better soon.

jusjo said...

Happy New Year! Wish I had checked your blog sooner as we talked about calling you at midnight. As it was, we ate lasagna and then Tom and I sipped champagne as the fireworks began! Hope you are all feeling better! Love to you!

Wendi said...

Happy New Year!! Hope the second day was much better than the first!!

Heather said...

Feel Better soon !!!!! Happy New Year !!!!
I am very jealous you can get frozen mozerella sticks etc our commissary here in Germany doesn't have those..... regardless feel better.... very soon !!!!
you can redo New Year's dinner... just turn it into a Ground Hog's Day dinner:)

Missy Kapp said...

Sorry to hear you were sick over New Years!!! And I even called you before your new year. I knew something was up when you didnt answer. Anyways, I had to work the next day, so we did nothing special either. Happy New Years anyways!!!! Love ya