Jen showed up this morning when my mind and body were on the edge of falling apart. I was feeling completely overwhelmed with mom duties. We decided to blow off all the chores we had and head to the park for some sunshine and change of scenery. We asked the boys to hold hands when crossing the street. It was so cute, except they fought over who was going to hold who's hand...
The temps hit in the 70's today which melted the sherbet push-ups Jen had brought the boys for lunch dessert. Caleb got the idea to eat his with a spoon. He was not going to let ice cream go to waste.
John is such an energetic boy. He's always got a funny face to share or a crazy dance to perform to keep you laughing. He is a great free spirit. Caleb truly loves spending time with him. It would seem from my blog that the two of them are always together. It's nice, but I worry about next year when John starts school. Caleb is going to need some new friends or he will miss John dearly.
Every time we go to this park, Caleb finds a bird to chase. This time it was a raven and he followed it from playset to playset calling it and trying to catch it. He usually picks on the poor pigeons. They are slow runners and Caleb just loves that!!!
It turned out to be a great afternoon. Of course, when I got home all the laundry was still there and the house was still a mess, but Caleb and I had pink cheeks from the sun and a renewed spirit.

4 comments:
I am so proud of you for getting today on here so quickly. John and I had a blast. I have pink cheeks too!!!
You are coping so well Rachael. I hope you know you are an incredible mom.
Thr laundry and all the other chores will ALWAYS be there, but your babies won't be babies long. Good for you for putting that aside and spending the day with your precious boys and good friends. Once again, I'm JEALOUS!!
Rachael--it won't be long before your babies are having babies! Believe me!! Enjoy every second with them! Ya know, I can't remember for sure any special "moment" that my house was clean or not but I sure can remember the moments spent with the boys as they were growing up. I know it must be hard being by yourself--so don't add to your stress by trying to have everything done--my boys are gone now and I still have laundry needing done!
We love the pictures that you post--it is the highlight of my day! (even if there aren't any new ones--I still spend time looking, again and again!)
Post a Comment