Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Pulling out my hair

Shawn has been gone now for about a month and half and I feel like I'm pulling out my hair everyday. It's amazing how much those few hours at night when your spouse gets home from work can give you a break from being the sole parent. I am really missing those few hours. The boys are so demanding, as they should be, but it's draining me. I'm beginning to forget who "Rachael" is because I"m too busy being "mom" "dad" "grandparents" "playmate". I'm exhausted. I really don't know how single parents do it. There should be an organization for single parents that lets them drop their kids off once a week for a few free hours.

For all of you that have your husbands home, take advantage and enjoy every moment. Let them take care of the kids so that you can enjoy being yourself for awhile.

5 comments:

jane said...

YOU CAN HAVE MINE!!!!

Jill said...

Rachael, I'm sorry you don't have your hubbie to help you out right now. That sucks. How much longer?

Jen said...

I will never forget giving birth to Chris by myself, going through roto virus and asthma attacks all with Steve at sea and thinking, how did my sister do this with three kids by herself all the time. Hats off to US!! Hats off to all the single parents. Rachael you are a phenomenal Mother, they will be home soon!

Ryann said...

I so feel you there!! How long is he gone for this time?

Wendi said...

I think Military Wives are amazing ladies! I hope he is home soon and I think you should take a weekend off for yourself!!

PS. thanks for reminding me not to whine about my kids driving me nuts when I can get relief.