Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas Moments

Christmas Eve, we had friends over for dinner. Before our guests arrived, we couldn't resist taking some pictures of Riley in his Santa outfit. If you look real close you can see his two new bottom teeth.

He loves to get his picture taken; he starts clapping his hands and giving out smiles.

All my boys

Who looks like their mommy??


Christmas morning we came down the stairs to find that Santa must have gotten stuck going out our front door because we found his hat hanging in the door jam.

When Caleb seen all the present under the tree, he started dancing and clapping his hands and screaming, "Oh my, Oh my!". Our tree looked so little buried behind all the gifts. Caleb was definitely spoiled by Santa this year and by Grandma and Poppy and Grandpa and Aunt Missy. It took us all day to open presents. Caleb would open a present and want to play with it for awhile before he opened another one. Shawn says, "enjoy it now because next year he'll be tearing through them without even looking at them"....I don't think so, but maybe...

Riley didn't want to play with any of the baby toys he got from Santa. He wanted to play with everything that Santa brought for Caleb.



Shawn was very happy to see that Santa brought him a remote control helicopter.



Shawn was not happy, however, about all the struggles he had opening the packaging of the helicopter and all the other toys that came in metal ties or screws, or plastic that required a small armory of tools to dislodge.


But Shawn kept pulling and tugging at the toys because every time he got one opened, he got the best smiles for his hard work.



We had an awesome Christmas. And we have REALLY enjoyed Shawn being home and on vacation. We've gotten a bit spoiled and will be sorry when he goes back to work on Monday. We hope that everyone had an awesome Christmas and we hope for a wonderful New Year for all.

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Jen said...

LOVE all the pictures!! I especially enjoyed the one of Shawn dealing with the packaging. Its Steve's favorite part too. This year however John was able to help. Merry Christmas!!

Kathy said...

Lovin' Riley in the Santa suit. He's a beautiful boy!

Lea said...

SO cute!!!

Ryann said...

I think that you had our toys under your tree as well! Holy cow that was a lot! But what is funny is that Timmy got the same Thomas train holder and Terry also got a remote control helicopter. Great minds think alike!

Jill said...

I think Caleb looks like you in that picture. So cute.

I wish I could have seen your house all decorated for the holidays. The glimpses I get in the other pictures look great. I love the way you decorate.

I like the picture of Shawn opening packaging. I could have taken a similar shot of Andrew.

Wendi said...

WOW!!How many kids live in your house? Santa was generous:)

I really love the pajamas. I absolutely love matching pajamas for Christmas and the santa hat in the door was awesome!

I would have taken a picture of Darin undoing packaging, excepty I DID IT ALL....yikes:)

The pics of you and the boys is awesome:)