These are the roasting hazelnuts. They were selling these on every other corner and the smell covered the air. DELICIOUS!
This is a steamer and inside are the dumplings (I'm sure that there is a fancy name for these, but I've yet to learn what it is). The dumpling is slightly sweet and the inside is filled with meat and vegs. The one that we tried was filled with beef and cabbage. Really good.
This is one of the many gates found in China Town. You can find one of these beautiful gates about every few blocks.
Grandma and Grandpa

3 comments:
It is so amazing that you get to live these great adventures! Wow - what great pictures! You look great!
I love, love, love seeing your pictures-they bring back so many memories for me. I loved the shi-shis there. I bought two sets-one even was anatomically correct-I got a kick out of that one. And I used to love how the menus all had those pictures-especially outside of the shops. Have you seen them yet, when they have sample plates made up as well? I'm so glad that you are getting out and visiting Japan while your in laws are there. Take advantage!
Looks like fun. Did you try a pedicab or rickshaw?
Post a Comment