I got my driver's license, finally!!!! It's been great driving ! I feel like an adult with some freedom again. It's very weird to drive on the opposite side of the road. Every time I pull out of a parking lot I tell myself, "stay left". I've only curbed the car once....so far. It's hard pulling into parking spaces too.
I'm afraid to drive off the base yet. I don't have the confidence, but I'm sure it will come soon, especially since I heard there is a store in town that resembles a Walmart....
3 comments:
It took me a while to finally feel comfortable on the left. I remember when my dad visited from Okinawa and was driving a rental car, he kept confusing the turn signal and the wiper switch. I so made fun of him only to do it a few years later!
WE have decided to bring the van to England and I'm not as excited to be driving on the left with the steering wheel on the left as well! I'm sure that I'll adapt though.
Also, remember Anushka-the neighbor on the end? She is pregnant! About a month ahead of me!
Ryann,
I can't believe Anushka is pregnant. That is awesome for them. They seemed ready for the transition, into parenthood. If she is a month ahead of you, how far long does that make you?? Do you know yet for sure??
Are you sure that you want to take the van to England?? I would still be considering that one. What is your biggest reason for taking it??
Anushka was 9 weeks about a week ago. As for me, who knows? I go to the doc. for an ultrasound on Monday so the question will finally be answered!
As for the van...most likely we are taking it. It is paid off. We need a car that can seat six. Buying a car in England would be a big financial decision. Not to mention that vehicles are very expensive there and we would not bring back an English car to the states in three years.
We've tried looking at the base lemon lot via the web and we think that maybe we could get a car for Terry that way. Am not sure that it is the best decision but I think that is how we are going to do it.
Post a Comment