Sunday, July 12, 2009

4th of July


2 weeks prior to the 4th of July, I woke up at 4:45 to put my name on the list for a pavilion. I was determined to have a party at the sea wall, especially after I was told that certain people were given the opportunity to pick a pavilion before the general public. Yes, those with rank do seem to rank higher in privileges...and I don't like it! However, that is how the community is organized on base.. everyone is meant to feel separated or at least less significant than others.

Anyway, I was the first person in line for a pavilion. And was approved. So the party was on. Shawn and I arrived 2 hours before everyone else in order to get charcoal hot and decorations up. The boys played on the sidewalk drawing pictures and sometimes eating chalk.



The weather was beautiful. There is always a breeze at the sea wall that cools the air from the heat of the sun.



John and Riley, they look like they could be brothers.



The night festivies inlcuded sparklers, red white and blue lighted bracelets, and flash lights for the kids.



Spiced peach tea, Mojitos, Jack Daniels Cooler, and Cherry Amaretto jell-o shooters for the adults.



It made for a great party and the fireworks were shot off from a barge in the water sitting basically right in front of us. It was so worth getting up early to give everyone we know the same opportunity as those with more privileges than the general public...


5 comments:

Wendi said...

Looks so fun-glad it worked out for you!! Did you see our pics enjoying the fun stuff you sent? It was so fun-thanks so much:):)

jane said...

Im so glad you had fun. Looks beautiful there. Hurry home!!

Jen said...

We had a great time! Thanks again.

Jill said...

Wow Rachael! 4:45 a.m.? That's committment. I'm impressed and the view looked amazing. I wish I could have been there with you.

Missy Kapp said...

How much fun for everyone!! Good for you!