Saturday, May 2, 2009

Walking baby

As you can see from the video, Riley is doing it all...walking and talking at the same time. I knew he was going to be my smart kid (hehehe). He is into everything and going everywhere! He says "mama" and "dada" and his new favorite word is, "nyo, nyo". That's right, his first word is "No". That should tell you something about his personality; He is a trouble maker. I can't turn my back for a second without him getting into something. I have to empty the dishwasher when he's either sleeping at night or taking a nap during the day because he insists on taking the knives out of the dishwasher. (He never grabs for the plastic spoons, I guess that would be too boring) If I take out the utensil rack, he slams the dishwasher racks in and out and my dishes get slammed. The more noise it makes the more he does it, so I've resorted to waiting till he's asleep at some point. He's figured out how to open the sliding glass door and go outside and play by himself, which is okay in the backyard where there's a fenced yard, but not so okay when he goes out the front and takes a stroll down the sidewalk....which leads to either a parking lot or the road...so now the sliding glass door is gated (because it has to be open in order to cool down the house since we don't have air conditioning until the base decides we deserve it...May 23nd. They call it conservation, but I call it controlling and crazy) Oh the list goes on and go...he's put his hands in the toliet while Caleb was peeing, he likes to take the toliet cleaning brush and use it to wipe the walls and floor and rug. Again, the list goes on and on...

PS. On the video, did you hear me ask Caleb not to yell? After hearing it on the video, it didn't sound like he was yelling at all in comparison to how loud Riley was talking. Riley is LOUD!

He also has stared giving hugs, which makes up for all the hardships he causes me throughout the day. There is nothing better than the tight squeeze from your baby on your shoulder. I love it. He's starting to share the love with others too. Out of the blue, he gave our little friend Zachary a big hug at dinner the other night. And Caleb gets an occassional squeeze too (he mostly saves little slaps and tugs for his brother though). He's getting so big and developing before my eyes. He went today and got his 12 month well baby check up. He weighs in at 21.6 lbs, which is only 25th percentile for his age, but his height came in at 75th percentile. Caleb was competely the opposite...short and fat. I guess Riley is going to be my long and lean baby...

2 comments:

jane said...

oh you are gonna be in so much trouble. Especially if you have another one (like Eddie and JoAnn and Lauren...)
He looks so much like Caleb and I so enjoyed listening to Calebs giggle!
I miss that little man! (yeah and you and Shawn and wee bit too)

Jill said...

I love it that your kids are opposite. Short and stout, long and lean. So far both of my girls are shorties. That video of Riley is super cute. I can't believe how fast he's growing.