Friday, November 14, 2008

Preparation for the big day

Caleb's birthday party is tomorrow, so we were in preparation mode tonight after he went to bed.



I ordered this awesome Thomas the Train pinata and bought all this candy to fill him with. I know for a fact, last year I made the comment that I should have bought Halloween candy on clearance for Caleb's party. Well this year, I forgot again!! So I'm saying it out loud and now you all are responsible for reminding me for next year!

FYI, skittles will not fit in a pinata...


Here's a picture of Thomas before he gets smashed tomorrow by 12 little kids with only the thought of candy on their minds.

Here are all the balloons we blew up...by mouth! Yes, I think I may have passed out for a moment between different colored bags of balloons. And there is an additional 4 trash bags of balloons in the kitchen because no more would fit in the bathroom for safe keeping.

Fortunately, my friend Amy is watching the boys so that I can decorate and Caleb will be able to come into his party and see everything all at once. He is going to be so excited!!! We've been practicing and now he's able to hold up three fingers and say, "I three!". I'll put all the party pictures up tomorrow. Wish me luck. Shawn has duty and won't be able to attend or help out with the party, just like last year.

5 comments:

Wendi said...

Have you ever thought of party planning on the side? You could make some serious extra cash because you are so good at it!!

Kathy said...

Hope Caleb has an awesome birthday! I'm really impressed he can hold up three fingers. What a bummer that Shawn won't be able to attend. My oldest has a birthday on Sunday, opening weekend for deer hunting. I think her daddy is going to surprise her and come home for the day.

Jill said...

I can't wait to see the party pictures. You always plan such fun things. I agree with Wendi. You are REALLY good at party planning.

Jen said...

You only passed out once??? I am impressed!

Missy Kapp said...

Caleb, I just wanted to leave a little note to tell you that I miss you so much! After looking at these pictures again and again Im realizing how much you have grown up, and so quickly. Happy Late Birthday again big boy!!! I love you very much!!!! Aunt Missy